Uploading and Sharing Files
The File Cabinet allows you to manage your files so that visitors can view and upload files.
How do I get to the File Cabinet?
- Log in to your Famster's Admin.
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Click File Cabinet.
- The File Cabinet folder will now load.
Navigating Around the File Cabinet
- The left section displays folders sorting the contents of your file cabinet as well as folders representing files used other Famster areas. Click a folder to display its contents.
- You can sort each section's files by by name, access type, file size, and upload date
- In the File Cabinet folder, you can toggle between List View and Icon View. List View will display your files in a list, which will display the upload date as well as the file sizes and file names. Icon View will display your files as thumbnails with the file names.
- In the File Cabinet folder, you can toggle between All Files, Public Files Only, or Private Files Only. This will let you display files based on the level of access they have. Private files can only be viewed by Members, public files can be viewed by any visitor.
- The Refresh button will refresh the File Cabinet manager window so that you will see the latest changes, such as uploading, deleting, or renaming.
Uploading Files from Your Computer
- Click "Upload from Computer".
- Find the file you wish to upload and then click on the file. If you have multiple files in the same folder that you want to select, hold down the CTRL key and click on the rest of the files. When you are done selecting files, click Open
- The file(s) will begin to upload. Depending on the size of the file(s), this may take anywhere from 5 seconds to several minutes.
- When the upload is complete, the files will appear in the list of the current folder's contents.
- To move files between the Private section and the Public section, click the file to select it
- Click either Make Public or Make Private
- You will need to click Refresh in order to see the change within the file cabinet.
- Click the desired file once to select it, then click Rename.
- You will then be able to type in the new name.
- Click on the file that you wish to delete, then click Delete.
- A delete message will appear and will warn you that you are attempting to delete a specific file.
- If you are absolutely sure that you no longer need the file on your Famster, click Delete; otherwise, click Cancel if you change your mind about deleting the file.