Creating Your Family Tree
With Famster, you can build and display a Family Tree. The Family Tree organizes family information for easy viewing. Relationships and personal details such as birth dates and telephone numbers can be accessed via a mouse click or two.
Creating Your First Family Member
- When you enter the Family Tree for the first time, a Welcome window will come up, with the option to Create your first family member. Click the button.
- The Create form will appear. Enter information about the new person.
- Click the Create button to finish. (Click the Cancel button to exit without adding your first family member)
- A Person Created Successfully message will appear confirming that the person has been added. Click Close.
- You are now taken to the member's personal page, which will display all the info you've added about the member. You can click Edit to add more information about the family member.
- Several more options are opened up, including the ability to add extra information, upload an image, add a quote, create related members, and edit existing relationships (if you have more than one member).
- Click Save when you are finished.
Creating Additional Family Members
- Find the family member whose relative you want to add, in the Show Family Members list, and click that person's name to select it.
- Click Edit.
- Click Create next to the type of relative you would like to create.
- A form will be displayed to add the new relative. The title of the form indicates which type of relative you chose to create in the previous step. Enter information about the new relative. Scroll down as needed to complete the form.
- Click Save to finish. The relative you created will be added to your tree's Family Members list, ready to edit.
(Click Cancel to exit without creating the new family member)
Visit our Advanced User Guide for Further Help With the Family Tree!